Are you eligible for Pupil Premium?
Free Schools Meals and Pupil Premium Information
Currently, children in Years 1 and 2 as well as Reception children all receive free school meals, these are paid by government funding. This provision is called Universal Free School Meals or UFSM.
In addition to this funding, parents in low-income families or those that are unemployed can also apply for Pupil Premium funding so that their children can receive free school meals in subsequent school years (Year 3 and onwards). Pupil Premium funding ensures that school can continue to offer a broad and balanced curriculum which is differentiated to meet each child’s holistic needs.
The Government is giving money to schools to help children from lower income families do their very best. This funding is called a ‘Pupil Premium’.
If you qualify, your child/children qualify for pupil premium the money that the school receives helps to continue to offer such things as holistic therapies, enhancing sensory regulation equipment, educational visits and visitors into school and providing snacks. For further details on how pupil premium is spent please see our Pupil Premium Strategy.
For every child registered, Kingfisher Special School gets £1,320 this year. This additional funding will help purchase additional resources or staff to support learning.
Are you eligible?
You can register your child for Free School Meals if you receive any of these benefits:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ – the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
Please note you are not eligible if you are in receipt of Working Tax Credit.
How to apply:
- Registering is really quick and easy – you can apply online at https://pps.lgfl.org.uk and get an immediate answer. If you are eligible, your child’s school will be notified within 5 working days.
- If you have any problems with applying for this support, please contact our school office on 0161 553 0310
No one will know you have registered, and it will not affect any other benefits you are claiming.
You can find out more information by clicking this link https://www.oldham.gov.uk/schoolmeals